Social Networking Intern Position
We are looking for a Social Media intern. The job requires 5-6 hours weekly, plus we ask that you join our staff meeting bi-weekly. (Meetings will be held in Barrhaven, ON – transportation is recommended)
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. You will be part of a team of 2 members. You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. This internship is an unpaid position but will come with many perks.
– Letter of reference
– Opportunity to move into a paid position
– Networking opportunities
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Have access to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Vimeo, Gmail, YouTube, Foursquare, IFFT.
– Update photos (keep photo albums organized)
– Update statuses from dulifestyle.com (upload featured image along with news link)
– Post at proper times (have knowledge in Analytics and be able to determine when to post)
– Maintain DU Crew group and make sure that each crew member is sharing / posting at least once a week)
– Need to know basic HTML to update page tabs
– Need to know how to use Punch Tab and be able to run contests
– Replying to comments, messages, etc.
– Have knowledge and make sure that there aren’t duplicate posts. This would mean aligning recipes so that posting in 1 or 2 locations is only needed.
– Post daily
– Join conversations
– Reply and engage users
– HTML knowledge
-Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
– Post daily, original photos from crew or taken of daily operations of DU
– Use proper hashtags
– Be engaging with users.
– Basic knowledge of the interface
– Extensive knowledge of the interface and be able to operate through each page
– Add photos keep headers and profile images original
– Reply to comments, post status updates
– Be able to create annotations
– Be able to monetize videos
– Tag and add proper descriptions to videos
– Update banners / profile images
– Comment on different places with valuable tips and tricks
– Create lists and tasks for people to do at various places
Social Media as a whole:
– Report findings to the team
– Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
• – Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop/Illustrator or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
• Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Some HTML knowledge is recommended.
• Ability to deal with uncertainty
• Ability to contribute individually, and participate in a cross-functional team.
This internship will have a 6-month review and will then go for another 6-months, with a chance to move into a paid position after 1 year.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.